Gonzaga University's academic programs of study are approved by the Washington State Higher Education Coordinating Board's State Approving Agency (HECB/SAA) for enrollment of persons eligible to receive educational benefits under Title 38 and Title 10 USC.

The Veterans Office is located in the main Registrar's Office, Room 229, in College Hall (formerly the Administration Building). The office is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and on Wednesdays from 9:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and serves all veterans and undergraduate students through law students.

The primary Veteran Advisor is Michael Grabowski. He can be reached at the following:

Phone: (509) 313-6596


The alternate Veteran Coordinator is Anne Thompson. She can be reached at the following:

Phone: (509) 313-3680


Mail should be sent to the following address:

Veterans Advisor
AD Box 83
Gonzaga University
Spokane, WA 99258

Although appointments are not necessary, calling or e-mailing ahead of time can avoid a wait as the above two persons are also regular Registrar staff personnel.

Gonzaga veterans are serviced by the Muskogee Regional RPO located in Muskogee, OK. The University uses Electronic Certification (VA-ONCE) to certify enrollment during the semester and also to transmit changes. New/Initial applications may be done two ways: On-line using VONAPP or by sending in a hard copy application available in the Veterans Office or online at Processing time for these can take up to sixty days especially during the fall semester, so early filing is important to avoid delays.

Discharged service members should bring a copy of their DD 214 and Reservists their NOBE when making initial application for benefits. Copies of these documents can be made in the Veterans Office. Spouses/dependents applying for benefits under Chapter 35 should have the service number of the veteran they are filing under.

Veterans coming to Gonzaga from another school or program must sign a VA form 22-1995(active duty/reservists) or VA form 22- 5495 for chapter 35 veterans before benefits can be certified. These forms are available in the Veterans Office or online at