Key Policy and Procedures
1) REQUESTS FOR KEYS FROM DEPTARTMENTS: All requests for building and office keys go to the Customer Service Desk.
2) REQUESTS FOR MASTER KEYS: Must always have the approval of the Director.
3) VENDOR REQUESTS FOR USE OF KEYS: Vendors must come to the Customer Service Desk to check out keys.
4) KEY Records for employees can be obtained from the Customer Service desk. Contact Customer Service for information: 509-313-5656 or firstname.lastname@example.org
5) KEY RETURN: All keys must be returned to Plant Services when they are no longer needed, as people leave the University, transfer to new department etc. ______________________________________________________________________________
1. Requests for keys from Departments:
- (a) Department must contact Customer Service to request a key at 509-313-5656 or email@example.com
- (b) Customer Service will then enter a work order to have the requested key(s) made
- (c) Department and/or customer will be contacted when the key arrives
- (d) Customer must have a key authorization card with the proper signature from the department and picture ID
- (e) REMINDER:
- Lost keys should be reported immediately to Plant Services, Customer Service desk. Lost keys are subject to a minimum $50 fine to the department. Upon work order request to replace a lost key, an estimate letter will be sent to the department for budget authorization. The department budget will be recharged for the lost key. It is the individuals department responsibility to collect reimbursement or not from person(s) who lost keys.
- All keys are to be returned to the Customer Service Desk when leaving employment at Gonzaga University.
2. Request for Building Master Key:
- (a) A customer requesting a "Building Master Key" will be asked why they need this key?
- (b) Master key authorization card must then be co-authorized by Ken Sammons as the Director of Plant & Construction Services.
- (c) Customer will be contacted when the key arrives
- (d) Customer must bring a GU I.D., or picture I.D.
- (e) REMINDER:
- Master keys are a security issue - please take care not to lose or loan a master key
- All keys are to be returned to the Customer Service Desk when leaving employment at Gonzaga University
3. VENDOR request for use of Building/Master keys:
- (a) Vendors must request a key through Customer Service.
- (b) A key card must be filled out and signed by a Manager or Director of Plant Services.
- (c) Building Master keys must be returned on a daily basis unless otherwise authorized by the Director.
- (d) A copy of their driver's license and business card will be attached to the key card
4. Key Returns:
- (a) All Keys must be returned to Plant Services when no longer needed or being used by the person whom the key was originally issued.
- (b) Fill out a PINK "key return card" and return this with the keys to Customer Service at Plant Services.
- (c) Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-313-5656 to acquire a list of keys assigned to the departing employee to verify that all keys assigned are collected.
5. Key Transfers: (This is an option-however preference is all keys be returned to Customer Service as noted above).
Keys may be transferred within a department as employees leave and new hires fill the position. A PINK "key return card" with departing persons name and their assigned keys can be sent in with the new person GREEN key authorization information filled in and keys transferred listed on card. All keys must be accounted for in the transfer!! Contact email@example.com or 509-313-5656 for more information or to acquire a list of keys assigned to the departing employee to verify that all keys assigned are collected.