Performance Management Tools
Given that most employees want to succeed, the best way to allow them to do that is to provide clear direction, regular information about how they are doing and access to the coaching they need to continually improve over time. Effective performance feedback is given and received as an opportunity for growth and development. This creates a motivating environment for employees to excel and minimizes performance problems or the need for corrective action procedures.
To learn a consistent approach and practical tools for providing effective performance feedback, please click here to register for our workshop on Giving and Receiving Feedback.
The Performance Management Packet below contains tools to assist supervisors in managing performance
- Supervisor Checklist for Performance Management
- Tips on Effective Performance Documentation
- Workplace Documentation Form
- Behavior and Performance Follow-up Form with ADA/FMLA/EO/WC Components
- How to Establish a Performance Improvement Plan
- Performance Improvement Plan
- Performance Notice
- Corrective Action Plan
- Letter of Expectation
Use a Performance Notice, Corrective Action Plan or Letter of Expectations when you have identified a performance problem and are looking for ways to improve the performance of an employee. Performance documentation tools play an integral role in correcting performance discrepancies in an effort to improve performance or modify behavior.
For information on a specific situation select the category most similar to your problem.
- Missed deadlines
- Attendance-related issues (unscheduled absences, excessive absences, tardiness)
- Poor quality work
- Inappropriate behavior
- Not doing enough work
- Personality conflicts
- Rule Violation (dress codes, call-in procedures, break-times, departmental policy violations, using phone inappropriately, etc).