Gonzaga’s Adjunct Faculty are entitled to library privileges similar to those enjoyed by our full-time, on-campus faculty.
LIBRARY SUPPORT SERVICES
The library staff at Foley Library is dedicated to helping you and your students make full use of the many academic resources available to them. We encourage you and your students to think of the library as an essential partner in all research endeavors.
- Getting books from Foley - General Collection books are checked out to faculty for a semester and may be requested online from the library catalog using the “Make a Request” link. Click here for details on circulation services for faculty and staff. If you are 35+ miles from campus, we will also mail books to you as we do for our distant students. You would be responsible for return postage (and for returning books on time, of course!) .
- Your library account - If you are a new adjunct or if it’s been awhile since you last taught for Gonzaga, we may not have an active library account for you. To activate your account contact Valerie Kitt firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Suggest items to add to the Foley Library Collection - Gonzaga faculty are encouraged to recommend titles for inclusion in the collection. To request that the library consider a book, DVD or other materials for purchase, you may submit an online form found here. For additional information on this process, review our Collection Development Policies.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) - ILL services are available to current members of the Gonzaga community through ILLiad. Click here to register for an ILLiad account. For more information, review our interlibrary loan FAQ or email the interlibrary loan office email@example.com.
- Problems logging in to our databases - If you have difficulty logging into our online databases, contact the IT Support Center for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: 509-313-5550.
- Technology Education Services TES is the primary resource for audiovisual, media and technology support for the Gonzaga University community. TES also offers a variety of technology training opportunities to Gonzaga faculty and staff, including online software courses available through SkillPort. If you are interested and would like to request a special SkillPort account, please email, Erik Blackerby .
HELP US HELP YOUR STUDENTS
- Many adult students are not aware of the rich online resources available to them through the library website. You can help by directing your students to the library for help with research.
Include a link to the library in your online courses
Invite a librarian to a Blackboard discussion session with your students
Direct your students to library tutorials
Library instruction visits can be arranged for many of our Canadian cohorts, contact the Distance Services Librarian email@example.com for more information.
Contact the Library: http://www.foley.gonzaga.edu/contact-us
Faculty/staff email: http://gem.gonzaga.edu
GU Blackboard: https://learn.gonzaga.edu