Prerequisite classes provide the necessary foundation for students to be successful in their graduate level coursework. Students who have recently completed a business degree will have the majority of their prerequisites fulfilled. Additionally, students with extensive work experience in prerequisite subjects may be able to waive some courses.
Prerequisites do NOT need to be completed in order to gain admission to the program.
Each student works with his or her advisor to assess prerequisites and determine the most time and cost effective way to fulfill any incomplete prerequisites. Gonzaga offers a series of combination courses and CLEP proficiency exams to expedite this process.
- Accounting Analysis (covers Financial and Managerial Accounting, 1 and 3 credit courses available)
- Principles of Finance (1, 2, and 3 credit courses available)
- Statistics (1 credit course available)
- Business Law*
- Management Information Systems*
- Principles of Marketing*
- Principles of Management*
- Operations Management*
*These courses must have been taken within the last seven years with a C or better, or can be fulfilled with relevant work experience. If students do not have these courses fulfilled, they can be fulfilled by taking a CLEP exam. Click here for more information on CLEP exams.
Additional Prerequisite Courses for MAcc program:
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Cost Accounting