Bachelor of Arts, Honors: This degree is awarded to students who pursue their basic undergraduate education under the direction of the Honors Program; a special core curriculum is provided for those students who obtain this degree. Most general education work is done through colloquia and seminars. The degree is available in all majors within the College that offer the B.A.
Bachelor of Arts, General: This is the regular B.A. degree offered by the College; it also is available with a teaching option in some majors.
Bachelor of Science, Honors: This degree is awarded to students who complete the requirements for a major in a field which offers the B.S. and who pursue their basic undergraduate education under the direction of the Honors Program; a special core curriculum is provided for those students who obtain this degree.
Bachelor of Science, General: This is the regular B.S. degree offered by the College.
Arts and Sciences Degree Requirements:
Students earning all degrees offered by the College must meet the following special requirements in addition to the General Degree Requirements of the University:
- Completion of the basic subjects necessary for a general education as found in the core curriculum of the College.
- Completion of a major within the College.
- Completion of a Senior Thesis or Comprehensive (courses numbered 499).
- Completion of at least 104 credits within the College of Arts and Sciences of the 128 required for graduation.
- No core, major, minor or concentration courses may be taken under the Pass/Fail Option.
OFFICE OF THE DEAN
AD Box 89
Phone: (509) 313-6603
Fax: (509) 313-6684
College Hall, #416
Office hours year-round:
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
502 E. Boone Ave.
Spokane, WA 99258-0089