All MAcc students must complete 5 core classes, for a total of 11 core credits. The goal of the core curriculum is to provide students with both the essential technical accounting skills as well as the managerial capabilities to be effective and ethical accountants. The core curriculum is comprised of the following courses:
- MAcc 600 Orientation Workshop (0 credits) required in 1st semester
- MAcc 661 Professional Writing Workshop (1 credit)
- MAcc 664 Professional Ethics (2 credits)
- MAcc 672 Law & Regulation (3 credits)
- MAcc 669 IFRS and U.S. GAAP (3 credits)
- MAcc 603 Financial Accounting for Income Taxes (2 credits)
For course descriptions of these courses, please visit our course catalogue.