Mission Based Education
Directed by our Jesuit mission, Gonzaga University develops socially responsible professionals who serve with care, competence, and commitment. The Department of Teacher Education is committed to the development of exemplary educators through the integration of knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary for teaching and learning in a global and democratic society.
Now accepting applications for Summer 2015
Why Consider Gonzaga's Master of Initial Teaching Program?
- Choose between a 1 or 2 year program
- Gonzaga MIT graduate get jobs (95% job placement rate in 2014)
- NCATE accredited: A mark of distinction providing recognition that the School of Education has met national professional standards for the preparation of teachers and other educators
- Gonzaga University is the No. 3 best "Regional University" (tie) in the West and rated the No. 2 best value among West regional universities as reported in U.S. News & World Report's 2015 annual college rankings.
- The State of Washington participates in the INTASC reciprocity agreements with 48 states. These agreements recognize Gonzaga's teaching certification program.
- Combines a teacher certificate with a Masters degree
- Candidates learn as part of a cohort, mutually challenged and supported by their peers
- Integrated field experiences are supervised and evaluated both by Gonzaga supervisors and professionals throughout the program
- Supportive faculty committed to your success and career goals
The Masters of Initial Teaching program leads to Elementary or Secondary teacher certification. Elementary candidates are generally able to teach any subject in grades K-8 while secondary candidates choose a specific subject (endorsement) area and teach grades 5-12. The specific subject area must be from one of the approved endorsements offered by Gonzaga.
Apply online now for a SOE graduate program
Learn about Teacher Education in Italy
Learn about Teacher Education in Monze
on Teacher Education Programs
Fair Process Manual
Section 1 (Program section under revision)
Title II Institutional Report 07-08
Title II Institutional Report 08-09
Title II Institutional Report 09-10
Title II Institutional Report 10-11
Title II Institutional Report 11-12
Title II Institutional Report 12-13
Title II Institutional Report 13-14
Phone: (509) 313-3514
Fax: (509) 313-3472