- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- A completed graduate application
- A $50.00 non-refundable application fee made payable online at https://commerce.cashent.com/SOE3. This fee is waived for Gonzaga graduates and International students
- One (1) official transcript from each college or university attended. School Counseling applicants must submit two (2) official transcripts from every college or university attended. If you attend Gonzaga, please note that GU transcripts are ordered by the Graduate Admissions Office on your behalf.
- Official scores from the Graduate Records Exam (GRE) general aptitude test or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT). Scores must be less than 5 years old. this requirement may be waived if you have completed an advanced degree
- Two (2) confidential recommendations to be sent directly from the recommending persons. Gonzaga University confidential recommendation forms are required. (Please note: family member recommendations are not accepted.)
- A written statement of purpose addressing the following two topics (one typed page, single spaced): A) A description of interests in graduate studies in counseling and relation to the desire to become a counselor; and B) An assessment of current strengths as a potential counselor and description of benefits in gaining a counseling master's degree
- An interview with the department
International Applicants (does not apply to Master of Counselling Canadian students)
- Submission of foreign transcripts in the original language and a certified English copy
- An official TOEFL score of 88 ibt, 580 (written) OR an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher OR successful completion of Gonzaga University’s ESL program
- Copy of passport
- Completed financial declaration form with original supporting bank statements (showing at least US $22,900) or official letter from sponsoring agency
714 E. Boone Ave.
AD Box 25
Spokane, WA 99258
Phone: (509) 313-3501
Fax: (509) 313-5964