Students Promoting Equality, Awareness, & Knowledge: University Progressives.
Visit our Facebook page for up-to-date information regarding current officers & meeting information!
This club is going to be addressing issues on the GU campus such as:
- Safety on campus
- Lack of diversity of voices
- Lack of resources for students on campus
- Gender equality and issues pertaining to male and female gender stereotypes that bind what people are allowed to do; being the true you.
- Global social issues i.e.: sex trafficking, unsafe child birth, genital mutilation etc.
Formerly the Women’s Studies Club, we were renamed and revamped in January of 2009.
Some of the activities we have done:
- Raised funds to donate to the Fistula Foundation and showed a film to raise awareness of this issue
- Volunteer work at St. Margaret’s Shelter
- AVADE ® Self-defense workshop
- Nightmare on Boone: Sexual Assault Awareness
- Sponsor of Take Back the Night
- Showing of "Iron Jawed Angels" in celebration of the 100th Anniversary of Women's Suffrage in Washington.
Sponsorship of play in Spring 2011 (To Be Determined)