The Dean of Students & The Vice President for Student Development
We complement student's classroom experience by becoming actively involved in extracurricular and co-curricular activities and services. We encourage each student to take full advantage of the numerous growth and development opportunities existing on and off-campus. Our goal is to assist students in becoming well informed, responsible, and contributing members of the Gonzaga community.
Some of our services include:
- Informing, explaining and interpreting University policy to students, and providing a basic understanding of campus life.
- Assisting students in adjusting to campus life.
- Providing leadership in crisis situations.
- Informing students of available resources.
- Guiding students in the resolution of conflicts.
- Contributing to policies and programs that improve safety and security on campus.
- Developing and enforcing behavior standards.
- Advising student government and other campus organizations.
- Offering leadership development opportunities.
- Serving as a resource for faculty.
- Establishing and improving relations with the local neighborhood.
- Serving as an advocate for students needing assistance in any way.