- Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam - The Jesuit motto that means, "For the greater glory of God."
- Ambassadors - A student volunteer group who works with the Admissions Office; they host visitors and give tours around campus among other things.
- BARC - Boone Avenue Retail Center, where the main dining facility is located.
- Blackboard - Website used by professors to communicate to students concerning assignments, schedules, etc.
- Block Councils - Governing body of a group of residence halls. Block councils are similar to Student Councils found in many high schools.
- Blocks - Residence halls are grouped together in what are referred to as "blocks."
- Bozarth - Gonzaga's retreat and conference center. The mansion is located about 20 minutes north from campus.
- Cataldo - Located on the north side of campus near St. Aloysius Church.
- C/M - St. Catherine and St. Monica Halls. A large portion of freshmen reside in these attached halls.
- CCASL - Pronounced "castle," this stands for the Center for Community Action and Service Learning, an office that creates many of the service opportunities offered to students at Gonzaga.
- Centennial Trail - A path that runs through Riverfront Park in downtown Spokane, the length of the Gonzaga campus, and all the way into Idaho.
- Core - University academic requirements necessary for graduation.
- Crosby - The Crosby Student Center is the hub for information and activity for students. It houses meeting rooms, Mail Services, University Ministry, Crosby Café, GSBA, and the Career Center.
- Flex - This is a credit amount included in meal plans. Students may use flex to purchase food at any of the eating establishments on campus.
- Foley - This is Gonzaga's main library.
- GAB - The Gonzaga Activities Board is a group of students that coordinates activities and social events on campus.
- GSBA - Gonzaga Student Body Association
- GUTV - Gonzaga's very own broadcasting students produce news programs, game shows, and sometimes air sporting events on cable channel 15.
- Jesuits - Society of Jesus founded by St. Ignatius of Loyola.
- Kennel - The McCarthey Athletic Center, home of our basketball teams!
- Lake Arthur - Lake next to Jundt Art Museum.
- Martin Center - Gonzaga's athletic and recreational facility contains a fitness center, field house, dance studio, classrooms, and more.
- R.A. - Resident Assistant, a student who lives on the floor to assist students with anything they may need while also planning events and activities for the floor.
- RHA - The Residence Hall Association is the student governing body of the residence halls that plans events and addresses concerns within different halls.
- Social Justice - Awareness of fairness and equality of all populations and groups that contribute to society.
- Spike - Gonzaga's mascot, Spike the Bulldog!
- St. Al's - Nickname for St. Aloysius Church, the main church on campus.
- The Bulletin - Gonzaga's weekly published student newspaper.
- The Wall - A long wall between College Hall and Crosby run by GSBA and used by the GU community to post messages about upcoming events.
- Zag Wall - Virtual wall.
Also check this handout from Admissions for more Zlang!