2013 New Student Orientation Leader Application
THE ORIENTATION LEADER APPLICATION PERIOD HAS NOW ENDED—WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION. ANY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED AFTER 7:30PM ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22ND, 2013 WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. THANK YOU.
What is an Orientation Leader?
- Someone who is friendly, passionate, and involved at Gonzaga
- Seeking to make a difference in the lives of our incoming freshman-the class of 2017- and transfer students
- Committed to forever impacting the students they work with
What are the responsibilities?
- You will be an influential first impression to our new students
- Be responsible for a group of up to twenty-five students
- Serve as a resource for incoming students for guidance, leadership, and friendship
- Work closely with O-Core and Super Group Leaders to prepare for the Orientation weekend
- Additionally, leaders are required to meet multiple times before completion of the Spring Semester. Orientation is an amazing and fun filled weekend for everyone involved, but be prepared for the commitment.
The Interview Process:
THIS APPLICATION IS DUE FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd ONLINE or you can turn in a paper version to Student Activities Office.
Upon completion of First Round Interviews, if we feel as though we were not able to get to know you well enough, you may be invited to an individual interview.
The following dates are REQUIRED by all accepted applications. If applying, please understand that (unless otherwise discussed) there are NO EXCEPTIONS to these dates.
|Application Due||Friday, February 22|
(choose one date)
|Thursday, February 28: 6:00-8:00pm
Friday, March 1: 3:00-6:00pm
Saturday, March 2: 12:00pm-3:00pm
|Spring Training Sessions||Sunday, April 28 (7:00 pm)|
|Return to Campus||Tuesday, August 27|
|Orientation Weekend||Wednesday August 28-September 2|
Questions? Email us at: ORIENTATION@ZAGMAIL.GONZAGA.EDU for more info.