Hello International Zags!
We are very excited to welcome you this August! Gonzaga's International Student & Scholar Services office is here to help you adjust to your life in Spokane, Washington and the Gonzaga campus. Please let us know how we can assist you, and please be sure to read the important information below!
HOUSING and ARRIVING IN SPOKANE:
Make sure that you have arranged for housing on or off campus. Visit this page if you need information on how to find housing.
We ask that students plan to arrive to Spokane on August 26 or 27. We do offer an airport pickup service for $10. You can also purchase a linen set, including a towel, a pillow, and sheets, for $45. Finally, we have a welcome kit that includes kitchen basics for $25 + a $10 refundable deposit. If you are interested in any of these services, please visit this webpage and complete the appropriate forms no later than August 15.
Plan to fly in on August 26 or 27: The mandatory International Student Orientation starts on August 28 at 8 a.m. in Schoenberg Center. It is scheduled all day and includes an optional evening event. See details in the invitation!
Find the Schoenberg Location by clicking on Campus Map.
When you purchase your plane ticket, be sure to complete the airport pickup formand pay the $10 airport pickup fee: if you do so, one of our staff members will come pick you up at the airport, show you where you can buy groceries, and show you where orientation will take place. You can also purchase linens (sheets, towel, pillow, etc.) on the same page for $45.
- Send your passport size picture to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 15: this way you will have your Student ID ready at orientation!
- Immunization Forms: Gonzaga's Immunization Form which is REQUIRED for all Gonzaga students. Please have your doctor complete the form, and bring it with you to campus. We will assist you with submission of the form to the Health Center.
- MEDICAL INSURANCE IS REQUIRED! J-1 & F-1 visa students & Exchange Scholars are required to carry insurance that pays at least $50,000 per accident or illness, $7,500 for repatriation of remains, $10,000 for medical evacuation to home country, and a deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness. Purchasing Gonzaga medical insurance during orientation will fulfill this requirement, but other options do exist. Please contact email@example.com for additional medical insurance information. Medical expenses are high in the U.S. You must have enough coverage to pay for unexpected accident/medical costs while in the U.S. There will be no exceptions to this requirement. Consider these costs as a mandatory part of your educational expenses. PLEASE BRING PROOF OF MEDICAL INSURANCE TO ORIENTATION or we will require that you purchase Gonzaga's! Please note that if you are part of a sponsored program, your insurance is part of your program.
SPOKANE & WEATHER:
The weather in Spokane should be nice in August and September, but winter will come quickly. Have a look at what the weather is usually like here so that you can decide what to put in your suitcase.
We will tell you about activities organized around campus closer to orientation. Be ready for lots of on- and off-campus FUN! You can also learn more about Spokane by visiting the Visitor Information webpage.
A few links to check out for more information:
- Visit our website
- Like us on Facebook: the new Gonzaga International Student & Scholar page is where you can connect with existing students and learn about upcoming events.
- Visit the International Zags blog for information about Spokane, on-campus events, and more.
- Also, check out our Twitter page for upcoming events!
- QUESTIONS?! email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See you in Spokane on August 29!
International Students & Scholar Services
Spokane, WA 99258-0088
Toll Free: (800) 986-9585
Phone: (509) 313-3648
Fax: (509) 313-5814