What does the center do?
- Provides educational resources: books, journals, magazines, videos, and CDs
- Coordinates educational programs related to gender and sexual identity
- Provides opportunities for community engagements such as a high school LGBT mentorship program
- Provides support for students with issues related to sexual orientation or gender/ identity expression
- Provides Safe Space training for faculty and staff of GU who wish to be knowledgeable referral resources for LGBT students
- Provides information, resources, and support for students, staff and faculty with issues related to sexual orientation or gender/identity expression
- Provides speakers for panel discussions, events, or classes
What is in the center?
- A safe space for students to find support and resources
- Informational brochures on local and national resources for the LGBT community
- Student lounge and meeting space with computer, TV, and publications
- A book and video library related to sexual orientation and gender/identity expression that ranges from fiction to educational material.