Approved Methods of Publicity for Gonzaga University Groups/Departments/Programs: Fliers for designated bulletin boards on campus, table inserts for Crosby and the BARC, window painting, chalking and "The Wall."
Approved Methods of Publicity for Organizations or Persons not affiliated with Gonzaga University are limited to pre approved fliers for designated bulletin boards on campus.
The publicity policy adheres to the Ethos Statement of Gonzaga University. Any publicity material that is in violation of the Ethos Statement may not be permitted to be displayed on campus. Such violations are:
- Explicitly sexual messages
- Hate speech
- Glorification of alcohol/drug abuse
- Racist images or speech
- Disrespect for others
Any publicity material that is exclusionary in nature against any group on Gonzaga's campus may or may not be approved for posting. Publicity materials that are strictly opinion pieces may or may not be approved.
Operating Guidelines for Posting Fliers to Campus Bulletin Boards
Note: The Crosby Information Desk may approve fliers for posting to designated bulletin boards around campus. For posting in Residence Halls, please contact Res Life.
- GU recognized student groups and departments can bring up to 26 copies of a flier (one for each bulletin board on campus) for approval at the Crosby Information Desk for no charge. (Non-GU group, please see below*). No more than 26 copies of a flier will be stamped.
- Please allow up to 24 hours for posting approval of a flier. You will be contacted when your fliers have been approved.
- Post only one flier per bulletin board.
- Posted materials are limited to a two-week period. After two weeks, an additional 26 copies of the same flier may be stamped and re-posted for an additional 2 weeks.
- Posting publicity must include a contact name and number or contact name and email address.
- Fliers or posters that are placed on walls, windows, bathroom stalls, etc. will be promptly taken down. A penalty fee may be imposed if an individual or organization repeatedly violates this guideline.
- Please do not use tape on the bulletin boards. Push pins and staples are preferred.
- Gonzaga University reserves the right to refuse posting privileges to any person or organization.
*Posting approval of up to 26 fliers may be given to groups/organizations that are not affiliated with Gonzaga University for a $6.00 service charge. All guidelines stated above will be applied to off-campus fliers as well. Gonzaga University reserves the right to deny approval to any non-campus event posters.
Operating Guidelines for Table Insert Approval
Note: The Crosby Info Desk approves table inserts for posting on tables within the Crosby Student Center and the BARC. EACH location has approximately 50 tables.
- Only six persons/organizations will be given table tent approval at one time. Table space is limited -- plan ahead!
- Table inserts must be 4" x 6".
- GU recognized student groups and departments can bring up to 100 copies of a table insert for approval at the Crosby Information Desk for no charge. (Non-GU group, are not permitted to use table inserts).
- Please allow up to 48 hours for table tent approval.
- The Crosby Info Desk staff will post your table inserts for you apron approval and remove them when they have expired
- Table tents are limited to a two-week period.
- Table tents must include a contact name and number or contact name and email address.
- Gonzaga University reserves the right to refuse table tent privileges to any person or organization.
Operating Guidelines for Handout Approval
- Any person or organization must seek permission from Crosby Information Desk before distributing handouts. It is important to obtain permission from the building manager before distributing handouts to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- Handouts should advertise an event or function; opinion handouts may or may not be approved at this time.
- Gonzaga University reserves the right to refuse handout privileges to any person or organization.
Operating Guidelines for Window Painting/Chalking Approval
- Any person or organization must seek permission from Crosby Information Desk before painting windows or chalking sidewalks and steps. Check for availability!
- For windows, or chalking requests, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please allow up to 48 hours for approval. You will be contacted when your request has been approved.
- Painting and chalking space is limited -- plan ahead!
- Painted and chalked materials are limited to a one-week period.
- Gonzaga University reserves the right to refuse painting and/or chalking privileges to any person or organization.
There are guidelines to wall usage available in Gonzaga Student Body Association in Crosby 204. If you wish to use the wall contact GSBA at x5824. Hours of operation and availability are subject to change.
Any and all campaign materials must be approved by Crosby Student Center and must follow the above-stated flier/poster guidelines in the Publicity Policy as well as follow any and all GSBA guidelines.
This policy has been designed to ensure that Gonzaga University students, faculty, and staff have equal access to common posting areas and that the aesthetic quality of the Gonzaga campus is preserved. This policy has been revised as of Summer 2013.