The publicity policy adheres to the Ethos Statement of Gonzaga University. Any publicity material that is in violation of the Ethos Statement may not be permitted to be displayed on campus. Such violations are:
- Explicitly sexual messages
- Hate speech
- Glorification of alcohol/drug abuse
- Racist images or speech
- Disrespect for others
Also, any publicity material that is exclusionary in nature against any group on Gonzaga's campus may or may not be approved for posting. Publicity materials that are strictly opinion pieces may or may not be approved.
Important: Before making any publicity materials for your event, make sure to contact Campus Services at x6854 to book your event space!
**Publicity Materials are as follows: Fliers, posters, table tents, handouts, window painting, chalking, "The Wall", campaign materials, and any other miscellaneous advertisements.
Operating Guidelines for Flier and Poster Approval
- Fliers and Posters must be approved by one of three areas. Crosby Information Desk may approve any and all materials. Student Life Office may only approve faculty fliers. Housing and Residence Life Office may only approve fliers for the residence halls.
- Please bring up to 50 copies of a flier to be approved to Crosby. Copies numbering 51 or more will be charged $.05 per copy for approval. Bring up to 70 copies of a flier to Housing for approval. Stamped fliers may not be photocopied for posting.
- Please allow up to 24 hours for posting approval of a flier. You will be contacted when your fliers have been approved.
- Post only one flier per bulletin board.
- Posted materials are limited to a two-week period.
- Posting publicity must include a contact name and number or contact name and email address.
- Fliers or posters that are placed on walls, windows, bathroom stalls, etc. may be promptly taken down and a contact person may be notified. A penalty fee may be imposed if an individual or organization repeatedly violates this guideline.
- Please do not use tape on the bulletin boards. Push pins and staples are preferred.
- Gonzaga University reserves the right to refuse posting privileges to any person or organization.
Report all incidents of non-official flier destruction or removal to the Student Life Office (AD 120).
Posting approval may be given to non-campus events, off-campus businesses and persons not currently enrolled in or employed by Gonzaga University for a $6.00 service charge, as well as a $.05 charge for fliers numbering more than 50. All guidelines stated above will be applied to off-campus fliers as well. Gonzaga University reserves the right to deny approval to any non-campus event posters.
Operating Guidelines for Table Tent Approval
- Only two persons/organizations will be given table tent approval per week. Table space is limited -- plan ahead!
- Create table tents out of cardstock only -- computer paper table tents will not be approved.
- Please bring up to 50 copies of a table tent to be approved to Crosby Information Desk. Copies numbering 51 or more will be charged $.05 a copy for approval. Stamped table tents may not be photocopied for posting.
- Please allow up to 24 hours for table tent approval. You will be contacted when your table tents have been approved.
- Place only one table tent per table.
- Table tents are limited to a one-week period.
- Table tents must include a contact name and number or contact name and email address.
- Gonzaga University reserves the right to refuse table tent privileges to any person or organization.
Operting Guidelines for Handout Approval
- Any person or organization must seek permission from Crosby Information Desk before distributing handouts. It is important to obtain permission from the building manager before distributing handouts to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- Handouts should advertise an event or function; opinion handouts may or may not be approved at this time.
- Gonzaga University reserves the right to refuse handout privileges to any person or organization.
Operating Guidelines for Window Painting/Chalking Approval
- Any person or organization must seek permission from Crosby Information Desk before painting windows or chalking sidewalks and steps. Check for availability!
- Please bring a paper copy of the text you wish to paint or chalk, with a contact name and number provided.
- Please allow up to 24 hours for approval. You will be contacted when your request has been approved.
- Painting and chalking space is limited -- plan ahead!
- Painted and chalked materials are limited to a one-week period.
- Window paints and sidewalk chalk may be provided. To maintain cleaning supplies and materials, there is a $5.00 supply charge per painted window and per chalked area. Payment is needed at time of painting/chalking.
- Gonzaga University reserves the right to refuse painting and/or chalking privileges to any person or organization.
There are guidelines to wall usage available in Gonzaga Student Body Association in Crosby 204. If you wish to use the wall contact GSBA at x5824. Hours of operation and availability are subject to change.
Any and all campaign materials must be approved by Crosby Student Center and must follow the above-stated flier/poster guidelines in the Publicity Policy as well as follow any and all GSBA guidelines.
This policy has been designed to ensure that Gonzaga University students, faculty, and staff have equal access to common posting areas and that the aesthetic quality of the Gonzaga campus is preserved. This policy has been revised as of Summer 2003.