Service Learning Awards
The Service Learning Committee and the Office of the Academic Vice President are asking for your assistance in identifying outstanding service learning students, faculty and community partners who have made a significant contribution to the community and Gonzaga University through their service-learning experience.
One student, faculty member, and community partner will be recognized and will receive $500. Specific guidelines are as follows:
- Students who have made a significant contribution to his or her sponsoring agency, this includes: completing more than the minimum time requirements, demonstrating high quality work, completing a special project for the agency, showing a high level of responsibility and professionalism.
- Has demonstrated an impressive depth of understanding of the course material and has experienced personal growth as a result of the service learning experience.
- Has worked closely with a specific or several community partners in the development of a service-learning project or course.
- Has worked closely with his/her students in the service learning process.
- Has aided in the development of a service-learning project or course.
- Has contributed extra time and energy to helping Gonzaga students in their service-learning initiatives.