Resources & Services
Services, Workshops, Events & Offerings:
- Career Preparation Workshops: Offering sessions throughout the academic year on all phases of career development: résumé and cover letter development, internship and job search strategies, interviewing preparation, and networking.
- Connect Events: The monthly “Connect” evenings provide training on relevant and timely career topics, as well as a networking session with our amazing network of alumni and employers. Students are encouraged to order and bring their business cards to these events.
- Employment & On-Campus Recruitment Opportunities: Meet with representatives from national, regional and local corporations, non-profit organizations, government agencies, and school districts when they visit campus to interview and recruit students for internships and careers.
- Internship Program: Learn how to prepare yourself, as well as how to find and develop internship opportunities related to your career goals with our Internship Program.
- Career Fairs: Network with employers at the Engineering & Computer Science Career Fair and the Business & Liberal Arts Career Fair in the Fall, and the Partnership Career Event in the Spring.
- ZagTrax: Visit www.ZagTrax.net to connect with Gonzaga's online posting board for internship & employment opportunities, as well as maintain your electronic career portfolio (letters of recommendation, transcripts, résumés, and other pertinent documents) which can be made available to prospective employers or graduate schools upon request.
- GAMP Mentors: Gonzaga Alumni Mentor Program (GAMP) offers students the opportunity to connect with alumni who are working in their field of interest.
- Electronic Files: Allows students and alumni the opportunity to securely store career documents as well as teachers to request the electronic delivery of their credential file to the school districts in which they are applying.
- Individual Student Appointments: Schedule an appointment with a career professional to discuss your specific career questions.
- Club and Res Hall Presentations: We offer custom workshops and presentations for Clubs, Residence Halls, and Student Organizations. Click here to access a Presentation Request Form. Return completed forms to our office via one of the following delivery methods:
- Scan and e-mail to: CareerCenter&GAMP@gonzaga.edu
- Inner-campus mail to: MSC #2462
- Fax to: 313-5872
- Hand-deliver to: Crosby Room #211
- Drop-in Hour: Drop in every Tuesday between 12 and 1 p.m. to receive immediate assistance with your résumé, cover letter, interviewing skills, or other career-related questions.
- Career Center Representatives (CCR): Receive mentoring from the student-run group who provides career support to their peers through walk-in appointments, classroom visits, career-related programs, and campus-wide outreach.
- Resumania: Stop by during the lunch hour once a month to enjoy a slice of pizza while receiving assistance on your résumé, cover letter, or interviewing skills.
- Etiquette Dinner: Savor a four-course meal and learn the proper etiquette for dining with an employer. The dinner is offered once per semester, please view calendar of events for current semester offerings.
- Student Business Cards: Contact our office to order custom-made Gonzaga University business cards with your name, major, graduation year, and contact information ($5 for box of 100 quantity).
- Jesuit University Reciprocity: Contact our office and we will submit a formal request on your behalf to other Jesuit universities' career centers asking them to serve you while you prepare to reside in their geographical area.
- Financial Career Matching: Employers can target suitable candidates for any position they’re seeking to fill with just the click of a mouse. Click here to learn more about setting up a profile on StreetID.
- Job Choices Magazine: Click here to access the NACE Job Choices magazine online, which includes tips for résumé and cover letter development, interviewing information, job search tips, economic outlook for new college graduates, and much more!
- Salary Calculator: NACE Salary Calculator and Compensation Data Center
- Downloadable Resources: We have several pdf documents you can download as additional tools to guide you through the various career preparation processes.
- What Can I Do With This Major...? Click here to access a database of career paths common to various majors.
502 East Boone MSC 2462
Spokane, WA 99258-0098
Hours of Operation:
Every Tuesday, 12–1pm
Drop by to receive assistance with all of your career-related questions
First Thursday of each month,
You bring your résumé, we’ll bring the PIZZA!
Weekly Drop-In Appointments:
Drop by for a 15 minute appointment
Weekly Scheduled Appointments:
Make a 30 minute appointment with a Career Coach
See calendar for an up-to-date listing of Workshops and Events
Reserve your spot by RSVPing through ZagTrax.net