Internal GU Internship Criteria
Gonzaga University Internal Internships
Gonzaga University is committed to quality experiential education for enrolled students, consistent with core curricular standards. An internship is distinguished in the following ways.
- is a defined commitment of time with a specified beginning and end.
- clearly states learning goals and outcomes that compliment a program of study and build professional skills.
- generates meaningful, relevant work and uses the “80/20 rule”
- provides engaged supervision/mentorship and fosters useful feedback for the student.
- encourages reflection /assessment of student’s professional development
- may or may not involve compensation/stipend.
- provides constructive evaluation and the option for recommendation for the student
As you create the program that best fits your needs, we are here to help. Resources are readily available to guide you, including:
- “FAQ’s” and “Helpful Hints” can assist in the design of your internship program
- Sample internship job description
- Sample internship learning objectives
Post your internship:
- Click here to register your internship with the Career Center & GAMP office.
For additional information, please contact:
- Chris McBeth Ryman
- (509) 313-4092
502 East Boone MSC 2462
Spokane, WA 99258-0098
Hours of Operation:
Every Tuesday, 12–1pm
Drop by to receive assistance with all of your career-related questions
First Thursday of each month,
You bring your résumé, we’ll bring the PIZZA!
Weekly Drop-In Appointments:
Drop by for a 15 minute appointment
Weekly Scheduled Appointments:
Make a 30 minute appointment with a Career Coach
See calendar for an up-to-date listing of Workshops and Events
Reserve your spot by RSVPing through ZagTrax.net