Experiential Leadership Institute (ELI)
Applications for joining the Experiential Leadership Institute 2017-18 are now open!
ELI Applications this year are part of "SIL Common Application" of the Office of Student Involvement Zagtivities page. Link to application: https://gonzaga.collegiatelink.net/form/start/102576
The Experiential Leadership Institute is a semester-long leadership program that engages sophomores in experiences designed to further develop the leadership potential within each student. This program centers itself on three primary pillars: Knowing Self, Building Community and Impacting the World. It is our hope that, as a result of participating in the ELI program, students will feel inspired, encouraged and supported in their personal leadership journey.
Who is ELI? Sophomore select if they would like to be in the fall or spring ELI group. There will be 40-50 Sophomores in the fall cohort as well as 40-50 sophomores in the spring cohort, with 10-15 Juniors/Seniors to serve as ELI mentors.
What do we do in ELI? ELI meets once a week on Wednesday evenings at 7pm (with occasional weekend events). Some of the ELI experiences include: Project Proposals (a project where you propose an idea for positive change here on campus), StrengthsQuest (an inventory that identifies your top five strengths), Small Group meetings and so much more.
It is our hope that, as a result of participating in the ELI program, you will feel inspired, encouraged and supported in your personal leadership journey.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Full-time sophomore status at Gonzaga University from August 2017 to May 2018
- Must be available Wednesday nights from 7-8:30pm
- Strong interest in developing leadership characteristics in yourself and others
- Sense of responsibility and adaptability
- Effective organizational skills, including time management and the ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Commitment to grow and perform as a leader for self and for Gonzaga University
ELI Required Events/Components
- Weekly Wednesday Night Meetings at 7pm
- Small group meetings with your mentors weekly
- One weekend retreat at the beginning of each semester
- 1 weekend day per month for ELI Events
- Schedule subject to change due to special campus speakers/events
NEW THIS YEAR: There is a spring break trip option in the northwest focused on leadership for any sophomores who are fully committed to the program. Trip will be self-funded; fundraising options available. Information about this trip will be announced in Fall 2017.
Fee: ELI charges $25 participation fee. This covers our programming and retreat costs. Assistance is available if this fee is a barrier to participation.
For more information or application questions please contact Carolyn Cartwright at email@example.com.
Payne Center for Leadership Development
702 E. Desmet
Spokane, WA 99202
502 E. Boone Ave.
Spokane, WA 99258