The Gonzaga University chapter of Tau Beta Pi, the national Engineering Honor Society, is coordinating a host of activities for National Engineers Week scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 21 through Saturday, Feb. 25, with the help of six campus engineering clubs.
The other clubs involved include the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Engineers Without Borders (EWB), the Institute for Electronics and Electrical Engineering (IEEE), and the Society of Women Engineers (SWE). For information on National Engineers Week, please visit http://www.eweek.org/. The schedule of events includes the following:
• Tau Beta Pi Engineering Convocation, Feb. 21 – This event kicks off the week with a lecture from KeyTronic CEO Jack Oehlke, noon-1 p.m., Globe Room, Cataldo Hall.
• ASCE Movie Night Features “Engineering Disasters,” Feb. 21 – From 5:30-6:30 p.m.; to be held in Room 123 of the Herak Center.
• Career Center Engineering Invitational, Feb. 22 – From 1- 4 p.m. at The Career Center, located in the Crosby Student Center.
• Center for Engineering Design Interim Project Presentations, Feb. 22 – Multiple locations, from 2-5 p.m.
• ASME Engineering Jeopardy, Feb. 23 – From 5-6 p.m., in Room 301 of the Herak Center.
• ASCE Movie Night Features “Engineering Disasters,” Feb. 23 – From 5:30-6:30 p.m., in Room 123 of the Herak Center.
• All-day WSPE Bridge Competition, Feb. 24 – All-day bridge-building competition to be held in the McGivern Student Lounge in the Herak Center (School of Engineering).
• Tau Beta Pi Open House and Lab Demonstrations, Feb. 24 – From 2-5 p.m., in the Herak Center, North Corridor.
• Tau Beta Pi BBQ, Feb. 24 –From 4-5 p.m., in Keck Courtyard at the Herak Center (School of Engineering).
• JETS (Junior Engineering Technical Society) Competition, Feb. 25 – From 8 a.m.-3 p.m., location TBA.
For more information, contact Sonja Steele in the School of Engineering at (509) 323-3523 or via e-mail at email@example.com