How Will You Celebrate?
Thank you to everyone who celebrated with us on January 25.
Click here to see who a list of our contest winners.
There are many ways to celebrate. Here are a few ideas:
I will celebrate learning by...
- making a commitment to further my education.
- sharing my expertise on a topic with someone I know.
- joining a book club.
- learning about a culture different from my own.
- telling someone about a place in the world I've visited.
I will celebrate service by...
- volunteering my time to a non-profit organization.
- donating to an organization that makes a difference in another part of the world.
- shoveling my neighbors' driveway.
- visiting a retirement home or tutoring at a local school.
- referring someone to Gonzaga's not-for-profit legal services.
I will celebrate faith by...
- submitting a prayer to Gonzaga's online prayer community.
- attending a church service.
- signing up for one of Gonzaga's spiritual retreats.
- visiting the Gonzaga Grotto to light a candle, reflect, and pray.
- starting a new holiday tradition.
- practicing the daily Jesuit Examen.
I will celebrate bulldogs by...
- wearing my favorite Gonzaga apparel (especially on Jan. 25, 2014).
- attending a National Gonzaga Day event in my area.
- digging out that old Kennel Club t-shirt.
- putting a Gonzaga pride sign in the window of my business.
- watching the men's basketball game on TV (tip-off at 7 p.m. PST on ESPN2).
- showing the world what it means to be a Zag.
I will celebrate success by...
- hiring a Zag as an employee or intern.
- congratulating a recent GU graduate.
- calling my GU student to wish him/her luck on an upcoming test.
- signing up to be a mentor for Gonzaga students.
- making a gift to support a Gonzaga student's education.
- reflecting on my career goals and developing a plan to achieve them.
I will celebrate inspiration by...
- visiting Jundt Art Museum or a museum near me.
- doing an art project with my kids.
- writing a poem.
- attending a performance by Gonzaga Theatre Arts or a local theatre group.
- planning a trip to experience another culture.
- having coffee with someone who inspires me.
I will celebrate tradition by...
I will celebrate gratitude by...
- telling my parents how much I appreciate everything they've done for me.
- calling a former professor to thank them for the difference they made in my education.
- making a gift to an organization that supports those in need.
- writing a thank you letter to someone who supported my education or study abroad experience.
- letting a co-worker know how much I appreciate them.
- telling someone in my family how much I love them.
I will celebrate studying abroad by...
- digging out my travel photos and recalling the many study abroad memories.
- registering for the 50th anniversary reunion in Florence.
- enjoy a traditional ethnic meal, either test your own culinary talent or enjoy a restaurant experience.
- reading a recent issue of The Gonzaghini Newsletter.
- call one of your study abroad classmates to catch up and reminisce on your travel experiences.
- honor your experience in Florence with an Individual Recognition Tile in the GIF building, The Mozilo Center.