Gonzaga University
Gonzaga Online Newsletter
Top Story
Alumna Profile Dede Henley Reads from Her New Book ‘Secret of Sovereignty’
By KAITLYN WARTER
Dede Henley, a 1985 Gonzaga alumna, was just named by Leadership Excellence magazine (November 2008) one of the Top 100 Thought Leaders and Practitioners in leadership development in government, education, military, and nonprofit organizations.  She has published a new book and will read from it this week in Spokane.
Read Full Story
Dispatch from the Duomo: ‘Crunch Time’ in Spokane, Travel in Firenze
Welcome to @Gonzaga
GU Professors Volbrecht and Terry Offer Inspired Lecture in Portland, Nov. 19
Slideshow of the PACCAR Center Dedication
Spittal's Composition Performed at Carnegie Hall
Warhol Pieces Come to GU's Jundt Art Museum
Jesuit Filmmaker Honored for Documentary
GU Marks All Souls Day with Special Masses
Meet GU's Security Director John VanSant
Campus Photo Tour
Nov. 19, 6:30 PM
"Inspired to Learn" presents Rose Mary Volbrecht in Portland


Nov. 20, 7:30 PM
GU Wind Symphony and Chamber Winds Concert


Nov. 21, 6 PM
School of Business Annual Wine Dinner and Auction


Nov. 21, 7:30 PM
GU Music Presents University Chorale


Dec. 1
Jundt Houses Paris Review Posters


Dec. 3, 6:30 PM
"Inspired to Learn" presents Maria Bertagnolli in Seattle


Dec. 4, 7:30 PM
"Inspired to Learn" presents Maria Bertagnolli in Tacoma


Dec. 4, 7:30 PM
GU Music Presents Jazz at Crosby


Dec. 5, 8 PM
Dec. 6, 8 PM
GU Music Presents Christmas Concert


Dec. 8, 7:30 PM
GU Music Presents Symphony Orchestra


Zag Facts
GU Podcasts
Fall Family Weekend
GU History
Original Gonzaga College building, Recreation Center, and St. Aloysius Church.
GONZAGA COLLEGE CAMPUS, CIRCA 1892
From its inaugural year of 1887, Gonzaga College continued to grow in enrollment. By 1891 space was a problem. The following year plans were drawn up for a two-story framed hall designed to serve as a recreation center on the main floor and a dormitory upstairs. In the fall of 1892, two scholastics and 18 boys moved into the new building. St. Aloysius Church was built and dedicated in November of that year. Electricity and city water became available to the neighborhood that same year.

- Photo and text courtesy of Gonzaga University Archives.