Gonzaga University
Gonzaga Online Newsletter
Top Story
Zag Undergrad Trevor Davis Lands Research Grant
By Megan Hervey
Gonzaga University biology major Trevor Davis has received full funding for his research proposal and while the $1,000 grant might be considered modest by some, it's monumental for this student-researcher.
Read Full Story
Gonzaga Graduates Largest Class Ever
Gonzaga's Wall Goes Virtual
Board of Trustees OK's Two New Majors
Death Cab for Cutie Show Rocks Gonzaga
Students Bound for Africa to Serve and Learn to Lead
History-Making Zags Win Four Golds at WIRA
GU’s Newest Residence Hall Named for Fr. Coughlin
View All Current News Releases
Photo Slideshow
May 15, 6:30 PM
May 16, 1:00 PM
May 17, 1:00 PM
Gonzaga Baseball vs LMU

May 27, 6:30 PM
CANCELLED: "Inspired to Learn" presents War and Ethics in San Diego

May 28, 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM
Dean's Business Forum

Now thru July 31
Famed Jacob Lawrence Works Open at Jundt

Spitzer Video
Give Green
GU History
For more detailed history about Gonzaga, visit: foley.gonzaga.edu/GUHistory. Photo and text courtesy of the GU Archives.
After the outbreak of the influenza on campus in 1906, GU President Herman Goller, S.J., sought to build a separate infirmary to best handle medical emergencies. Completed in 1907 at a cost of $30,000, the new infirmary was a pressed-brick veneer building with a chapel, doctor’s office, 13 private rooms and four wards for patients. The basement housed the kitchen and dining room. At full capacity it could hold 33 patients. The building was named “Goller Hall” in 1941 to recognize President Goller’s role in its construction. Over time Goller Hall outlived its usefulness, because of a campus need for more building space and less of a need for a large infirmary. In 1929, a small portion of the building housed the infirmary and the rest was used by the School of Music and Fine Arts. Later it became a faculty residence and the infirmary moved to the Administration Building. In 1970, Goller Hall burned down. Three decades later, a co-ed residence hall was built on campus and named Goller Hall.