Staff Assembly Executive CouncilMinutes
June 16, 2004
1898 Room 12:00 â€“ 1:00 p.m.
Members Present:Marcia Bertholf, Krystal Burns, Linda Sue McClure, Mary BethCharleboix, Stacey Chatman, Karen Franks-Harding, Brady Nielson,Craig Schaefer, ErinShields.
Called to order at 12:05 p.m. by President Krystal Burns
Community ServiceDay: Marcia reported that she and Trevor are working withHabitat for Humanity to arrange a day of home building for Gonzagastaff. Craig suggested bringing alumni in tovolunteer as well, because through his work with alumni, he seesthere is a definite interest there, and Marcia confirmed that theyare working on including alumni as well. Krystal inquired how staffmembers working the graveyard shift and odd hours will be able toparticipate, and Marcia explained that they are working on a way topositively get through to all supervisors the importance of thisservice opportunity. As for the date of the service day, Marcia isaiming for October.
August Planning Day:Krystal reports that the planning day at Bozarth is tentatively setfor Tuesday, August 3rd, from 8AM to 4PM. Krystal and liaison Thayne McCulloh have beendiscussing the great potential and significance of this meeting andlisted below are their goals for the day:
· Be sure everyone gets to know each other, including all outsidecommittee members
· Work together to define individual roles
· Establish what committees should be doing
· Distribute binders for everyone as a resource so they know what wehave worked on throughout the year. Binders will include lastyearâ€™s minutes, and members can add their job descriptions as wellas all additional notes gathered through the day.
· Bringing in a guest speaker. Thayne suggested Shirley Williams fromthe school of education. Krystal has contacted herand she is out of the office, so she is waiting for a response. IfShirley is unable to attend, other suggestions for guest speakerincluded, Joe Albert, Mary McFarland and Margo Stanfield.
· Thayne will provide breakfast and lunch for all in attendance.
Fr. Spitzer and ThayneMcCulloh to attend Staff Assembly Council Meetings: Krystalreported that Father Spitzer intends to attend meetings on thefollowing days: August 4, 2004, November 17, 2003, March 2, 2005,and June 1, 2005. Krystal also reports that Thayne McCulloh intendsto attend most of the meetings this year and if he cannot, he plansto send someone in his place.
Lottery Gifts: Linda Sue reports that shewas able to reserve a river view room at Oxford Suites for thelottery gift for the month of July. Suggestions for the monthof August included:
· A day reserved at the Bozarth Center for an event of theirchoice
· Arbor Crest Winery
· Spa Paradiso
· Tickets to a Broadwayplay,
· Dinner at the Spokane house
· Gift certificate to Just Roses, Hastings, The Olive Garden, moviesor Imax movies
· Boat cruise on Coeur dâ€™Alene
· A private plane ride in over Coeur dâ€™Alene
· Hot air balloon ride
· House/window cleaning
For the August gift, members agreed and decided on a gift of oneparking permit for The Gonzaga Campus, with $40 worth of car washgift certificates.
Ideas for September included:
· Tickets to basketball games
· A gift certificate to one of the malls for back to school shopping (LindaSue will check on the Valley Mall. Northtown Mall will not workbecause they give cash back.
· A gift certificate to Anthonyâ€™s Restaurant
· Greenbluff certificate for a day of picking apples, pumpkins,etc.
· Safeway certificate for Thanksgiving dinner shopping
· Nutcracker tickets for two and a parking pass
Financial Report: Linda Sue reportedthat although we were over budget in May, due to the bulldog buckscertificates that were redeemed late, we received a 66% budgetincrease for this coming year.
Bulldog BucksCertificates: Linda Sue reported hearing from staff members who were receivingtheir bulldog bucks several months past their anniversary date, dueto supervisorâ€™s not handing them out. Krystal suggested that welook into having a notice sent out from HR, so that supervisors aswell as staff are reminded of the anniversary and thecertificate.
Meeting adjourned at 12:55 p.m.
By virtue of the bylaws,all Staff Assembly meetings are open unless otherwise designated bythe Executive Council. Everyone is welcome to attend. Meetingsoccur every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month from 12PM â€“ 1PM inthe 1898 Room of the Administration Building.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org