Regional Scholarships present the opportunity for Alumni Chapters across the country to leave a legacy at Gonzaga. Alumni, parents and friends of Gonzaga are encouraged to participate in giving to their Regional Scholarship, which is an endowed scholarship fund. Each year, the endowed earnings* from the Regional Scholarship support students from your home region.
Gonzaga's greatest need is scholarship support. The cost of higher education is increasing. In the 2011-12 academic year, the average financial aid package for Gonzaga students was $23,680; the average total cost to attend Gonzaga is nearly $44,000 which includes tuition, room, board, books, fees and personal expenses. For Gonzaga to continue to keep tuition affordable for all students, regardless of financial situations, while at the same time, provide the quality, Jesuit education that has existed for 125 years, our alumni and parents must partner in the work to create additional scholarship opportunities.
Currently established Regional Scholarships:
- Alaska Regional Scholarship
- Phoenix Regional Scholarship
- Portland Regional Scholarship
- Seattle Regional Scholarship
- Spokane Regional Scholarship
- Tacoma Regional Scholarship
Vision & Goals:
- Increase Undergraduate Alumni Giving Participation
- Increase Parent Giving Participation
- Increase Overall Regional/ Chapter Giving Participation
- Regional Scholarships should originate from Chapter members
- Educate Gonzaga community about philanthropy at Gonzaga
Criteria of a Regional Scholarship:
- "First priority given to Alumni Chapter region area students with financial need. Second priority is for students with financial need from state where Chapter is located."
- Criteria is to remain consistent with each Regional Scholarship
*Approximately 5% of earnings annually are spent from the fund, returning any additional earnings to the corpus for continued growth. More on endowments.
For questions pertaining to Regional Scholarships please contact Shane Hatcher at firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 313-6401.