On November 2, 2009, All Souls Day, Gonzaga University joined the universal church in praying for those who have passed away during the year. Such prayers express our gratitude for the lives and works of those who have walked with us in our lives.
As a community of believers, we at Gonzaga University want to include our deceased alumni and friends in our prayers. We are happy to include your departed loved ones in our prayers throughout the year at our regular Masses. Please contact Kathy Sherrick at 509.313.6130 or email@example.com for special Mass requests.
Turns out you can teach a Zag new tricks!
Take advantage of the tax-free IRA rollover by transferring up to $100,000 from your IRA to Gonzaga University.
Here's how it works:
- You must be 70 1/2 or older.
- Choose how much you want to contribute, up to $100,000 per IRA acount holder.
- Have your IRA custodian transfer the money directly to Gonzaga University.
- You must complete the transfer before December 31, 2009.
- Since the amount you transfer is not part of your taxable income, there is no income tax deduction available.
For more information, call 800.388.0881 or 509.313.6141, or visit www.gonzaga.edu/plannedgiving to make your gift today.
Are you looking for a simple, convenient way to make a gift to charity this year without dipping into your checking or savings account?
The good news is you can this year, but you need to act soon as the the Tax Extenders and Alternative Minimum Tax Relief Act of 2008 expires at the end of the year. If you are over 70 1/2, you can transfer up to $100,000 from your IRA to Gonzaga before December 31st, 2009 without paying any federal income tax. This gift may be made over and above the other charitable gifts you already made for 2009.