Off-Campus Work Study
Gonzaga's Off-Campus Work Study Program provides eligible students with the opportunity to work for approved businesses to gain resume worthy work experience and earn money while attending college.
Students receive real world job experience and are offered flexible work schedules while working alongside local professionals and mentors in a variety of industries. This program is available to Washington state resident sophomore, junior and senior Gonzaga students and freshmen may also be eligible by special request. Eligibility is based on financial need as determined by the student's FAFSA.
If you have been awarded Off-Campus Work Study as part of your financial aid award package, follow the steps below:
- Monitor your Gonzaga e-mail (Zagmail) for communications that guide you through the process of securing a job and a spot in this first-come, first-served basis program.
- Evaluate whether your schedule reasonably allows you to work while maintaining good academic standing. If so, think about your major and the type of work you would enjoy in an effort to set yourself up for a successful future career. This is a great opportunity to try something new, build on your current skill set, and work side-by-side with professionals throughout the community.
- Create a cover letter and resume and prepare to apply for jobs of interest. Conduct your job search by visiting the Off-Campus Work Study Job Board below. Glance through all of the opportunities, then follow the instructions provided to apply for at least three to four jobs. Always identify yourself as a Gonzaga work study student in all of your communications with prospective employers and be diligent in your follow-up to increase your chance of getting a position. Employers are anxious to hear from you!!
- Once you are hired, provide the employer with your Hire Form which will be e-mailed to you or alternatively you can contact the Student Employment Office to request one. You and your employer must complete this form and submit it to the Student Employment Office for review and approval prior to working. Hire Forms are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the program is full.
- If you identify a company you would like to work for that is not currently a part of the Off-Campus Work Study Program, contact the Student Employment Office for more information on how to recruit an employer.
- To explore the option of receiving academic credit for your work study position, please consult the Student Employment Office and the respective academic department to obtain the guidelines.
Spokane, WA 99258-0072
Phone: (509) 313-6582
Fax: (509) 313-5816
Location: College Hall, Room 129
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Contact Us →