New Student Orientation Schedule Changes
Schedule change requests will be taken in-person by appointment, or via email, between August 27th and 31st.
During New Student Orientation, we invite students to schedule an advising appointment to make their schedule change requests.
Each student will be treated equally with regard to their course scheduling requests, regardless of how or when they contact us. We have plenty of course options to choose from, and should be able to get you the schedule you need in terms of requirements. Please do, however, keep the following in mind before asking for a schedule change:
- Do not request changes due to preference of time or professor. You are freshmen, and should expect to have classes anywhere between 8:00 am and 9:00 pm.
- Limit the number of changes you make to your first semester schedule.
- Write down your questions and requests before contacting us, to help us all be more efficient, and to get your schedule questions answered once.
- Try to remember that every course you have been enrolled for meets a degree requirement, whether it is core, major, minor or elective.
- Schedule changes MUST be made by students only. Parents and family members will not be able to make schedule changes for students. The advising conversation will be between the student and professional advisor. Parents and family members are encouraged to make other plans while their student is meeting with the professional advisor.
Appointments and emailed requests will be taken during the following days/times of New Student Orientation (subject to change):
Thursday, August 27th: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Friday, August 28th, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday, August 29th, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Monday, August 31st, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
To schedule your appointment, please call our office during regular business hours beginning August 24th at 509-313-4072.
Emailed Schedule Change Requests: Whenever possible, please avoid using email to make your schedule change requests. However, if scheduling complications prevent you from seeing an advisor, you may choose to email in your request. Please note: Our responses will likely be delayed due to in-person scheduled appointments. We will respond to your requests, when possible, within 48 hours. Send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, ID number, a phone number where we can reach you if necessary, and details about the change you are requesting.