- International Studies - Asian Studies (choose Chinese or Japanese language)
- International Studies - European Studies (choose French, German, Italian, or Spanish language)
- International Studies - Latin America Studies (students must take Spanish)
- International Relations (choose any modern foreign language)
International Studies (INST) majors may start a language in the first semester, depending on course availability and level of placement. Placement is determined by the student's language background and academic history, as well as their score on the Language Placement Exam (for those studying Spanish, French or German). In addition to a foreign language, INST students may also be placed in one of the following Political Science courses:
- POLS 103, People & Politics of the World
- POLS 104, International Politics
For program information and course descriptions, please visit the on-line Undergraduate Catalogue. You will follow the 2015-16 Undergraduate Catalogue. This catalogue is currently under construction but should be posted sometime this summer. In the meantime, please refer to the 2014-15 Undergraduate Catalogue, as much of the information is the same.
What other courses are required of GU students? Learn more about core requirements.