The Communication Arts Department offers several majors:
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Communication Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Broadcast and Electronic Media Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations
- Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Arts
These majors do not have any required major courses in the first semester, though students may be placed in one or more of the following, depending on availability:
- COMM 101 - Introduction to Mass Communication
- JOUR 110 and 110L - Journalistic Writing and Lab
Students cannot double-major, or major and minor across the Communication Arts disciplines.
For program information and course descriptions, please visit the on-line Undergraduate Catalogue. You will follow the 2013-14 Undergraduate Catalogue - this is your contract with the University, and vis versa. Be sure to review the information in the 13-14 catalogue when it becomes available (the catalogue is still under review, and should be posted to the website this summer). Until then, please refer to the 2012-2013 Undergraduate Catalogue, as much of the information is the same.
What other courses are required of GU students? Learn more about core requirements.