Advising at Gonzaga
Welcome to the Advising at Gonzaga website! Use this as a quick reference resource on Gonzaga's academic requirements and policies.
While you are responsible for planning your academics, your academic advisor and professional advisors in the Academic Advising & Assistance Office are here to help you. Please take some time to explore the resources below. If you can't find an answer to a question you have, or need clarification on Gonzaga policies, requirements, or other topics related to academic life, please contact your Academic Advisor, or Academic Advising & Assistance.
The University Core is completed by all Undergraduate students regardless of major. For a list of requirements, visit www.gonzaga.edu/core.
Gonzaga University has five schools of study. Where do you belong? You are associated with one of these five schools based on your intended major. If you change your major, your degree requirements and advisor may change as well. Look up your major in the Undergraduate Catalogue to determine which school is your academic home.
- College of Arts & Sciences
- School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- School of Engineering and Applied Science
- School of Nursing and Human Physiology
General Degree Requirements & Notes of Interest:
- 128 credits are needed to graduate - some majors, such as engineering, require more. Find the requirements for your program(s) in the Catalogue.
- Most students should plan to average 16 credits per semester (or 32 credits per year), in order to reach the 128 credit minimum in four years: 16x8=128 (32x4=128).
- You must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0, both term and cumulative, each semester to remain in good academic standing and keep your financial aid. See Academic Policies in the Undergraduate Catalogue for details.
- Use the Degree Evaluation function in Zagweb's Student Records menu to help track your requirements and progress to degree.
- FERPA (Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act)
- Learning Strategies Management (Study Tips, Tutoring, Coaching, etc.)
- On-Campus Resources by Office (like CCASL, Financial Aid, Housing, Student Accounts, Student Life, etc.)
502 E. Boone, AD Box 27
Spokane, WA 99258-0027
Phone: (509) 313-4072
Toll-free: (800) 965-9223
Fax: (509) 313-4062
Location: Foley Center Library, Suite 122
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8 am-12 pm, 1-5 pm