The Crosby Student Center is named after Harry "Bing" Crosby, a Gonzaga alumnus who organized an Emmy-winning television production to raise funds for its construction. The Center, which was originally the University's library, was built in 1957. In 1992, the library moved into the Foley Center, and the building was converted into a student center. However, it still houses the Crosbyana Room, where about 200 pieces of the world's largest public collection of Bing Crosby memorabilia is displayed. The remainder of the immense collection is housed in the Foley Center's Rare Book vault.