Video Streaming Requirements
Viewing Live Streamed Events
Watch Streamed Events Online: online.gonzaga.edu/streaming
For Technical Assistance during the live event, please call: (509) 981-6883 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Technical Requirements
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0.32 or above
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or above, Firefox 2.0 or above, or Safari 3.0, or Chrome 4.0 or above
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2, Microsoft Windows Vista, Macintosh OS X v10.4 or above, or Linux
- 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM - 512 MB recommended
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution
- 16-bit sound card
Internet Connection Speed
- For a reliable viewing experience, we recommend a downstream connection speed of at least 900Kbps.
- You can test your connection speed here we recommend testing prior to the start time of the event as bandwidth can fluctuate.
If you are having connection issues, we recommend connecting to your modem or router with a network cable instead of wirelessly.
If you are still having issues viewing the video stream, we recommend unplugging your router or modem for one minute, and then restarting both your modem/router and computer.
If a video stream loses audio during a broadcast, clicking the pause/play button in the video player can often times relink the audio stream with the video.
Apple iOS Devices (iPad, iPad2, iPhone)
For Apple device users, please watch the event via this URL: online.gonzaga.edu/streaming. You may need to Allow Pop-Ups from Streamvuze.com.
The National Gonzaga Day video stream has been optimized for viewing on the iPhone and iPad. If you are still experiencing problems viewing the stream, we recommend buying a third party app called “Skyfire” to enable your device to view a Flash live stream. You may purchase this app here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skyfire-web-browser-flash/id384941497?mt=8
New Samsung Galaxy Tablet, Note or S4
Users may need to manually update your Flash Player to watch live streaming video.
Here’s instructions for the manual download:
Please be aware; for those newer devices (OS 4.2) that will not accept the manual download of the Adobe Flash Player, please use this special Url to was Gonzaga live streams:
Click here to watch on a new Samsung Galaxy or Android device: