2, 3, and 4-year scholarships are available to nursing students
All scholarships provide:
- Tuition/fees: up to $17,000 per year
- Books: $600 per year
- Monthly tax-free stipend during the school year. ($250/month as a freshman, $300/month as a sophomore, $350/month as a junior, $400/month as a senior)
- University incentives: some schools offer additional incentives for scholarship winners (i.e. free room and board, out of state tuition waivers, etc.)
Criteria for Scholarships:
- United States Citizenship
- High School Graduate with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Minimum SAT of 1050 or ACT of 21
- Physically fit and medically qualified
- Under 31 years of age on 30 June of the year you graduate from college
- Good moral character
Students can participate in ROTC without a scholarship and will receive a monthly stipend starting their junior year, currently $350 per month (up to $3,500 per year) for their junior and $400 their senior year.
Army Nurse vs. Civilian Professional
|2009 Approximate salary (without dependents) including housing & subsistence allowance:
Starting: $48,000 After 2 Years: $61,000 After 4 Years: $78,000
Compare Your Future
|Vacation||Two weeks per Year||30 Days per Year|
|Sick Leave||Limited||Unlimited, with full pay and allowances|
|Medical/Dental||Possible Professional Discount||FREE|
|Travel||At Own Expense||Military facilities around the world and space available flights overseas|
|Recreation||At Own Expense||Officers Club, golf courses, fitness centers, etc. at reduced rates. Planned family activities|
|Continued Education||Possible Reimbursement||Programs available for tuition Army pays 75-100% of all tuition cost|
|Retirement||Social Security at 62 and own retirement plan||Eligible for retirement after 20 yrs. Active service|
|Pay Raises||As determined by civilian institution||Automatic raises every 2 years|
|Shopping||Civilian stores||Reduced prices at Base Exchange and Commissary, Garden Shop, etc.|
|Relocation Allowance||At Own Expense||Household goods moved at government expense, plus moving allowances|
|Life Insurance||At Own Expense||$400,000 term policy for only $29 per month|
|Job Security||Seniority lost when relocating||SECURE! Your security moves with you!|
You are about to begin an exciting career as an Army Nurse Corps Officer.
Please enjoy your time in ROTC.
We look forward to you joining our team!