Web Sites recommended by Foley Library
General | African-American | Asian-American | Latino-American | Native American |Multiracial
- Historical Text Archive
- Leadership Council on Civil Rights A difinitive source for information and resources about civil rights from the Leadership Conference on Civil Rights.
- Standards: An International Journal of Multicultural Studies A not-for-profit peer-reviewed publication.
- Voice of the Shuttle: Minorities Studies Page Designed by Alan Liu, Dept. of English, University. of California, Santa Barbara as part of his Voice of the Shuttle Web Page for Humanities Research.
- OneWorld Magazine This visually rich publication focuses on environmental, cultural, and exploration issues around the world. The magazine's philosophy is that not only biological, but cultural diversity is essential for the evolution of the planet...
- ZoneZero Although dedicated to photography and its journey from the analog to digital world, this sites goal is to serve as a bridge between creative minds from all parts of the world, but in particular from Latin America.
This site is created by the Afro-American Newspaper Company of Baltimore.
An interactive online community which believes that there are fundamental Black cultural values that have to be reflected in the programming of their service.
Part of the Chicano/Latino Electronic Network (CLEN)(Chicano/Latino Electronic Network) from UCLA, this site serves as a general Latino Focused Internet resource serving all segments of the community.
Sponsored by the University of Texas,the Latin-American Network Information Center is an outstanding resource for Latin-America studies.
Native American Resources
Cradleboard Teaching Project
. This interactive site allows children to learn with and through their long-distance peers using the new technology alongside standard tools, and delivers positive realities of Native America with the help of several American Indian colleges.
Native American Public Telecommunications
Mission to inform, educate and encourage the awareness of tribal histories, cultures, languages, opportunities and aspirations through the fullest participation of American Indians and Alaska Natives in creating and employing all forms of educational and public telecommunications programs and services, thereby supporting tribal sovereignty.
Native Peoples Website
"Dedicated to the sensitive portrayal of the arts and lifeways of the Native Peoples of the Americas"
Designed to promote dialogue and understanding regarding indigenous peoples of all parts of the world. It provides a set of electronic mailing lists and archives and maintains a list of references to relevant information on the Web.
The stated purpose of this site is to provide a cyber-community for Earth's indigenous peoples.
Spirits of the Land Foundation
A non-profit corporation, incorporated under the laws of the Sac and Fox Nation, Oklahoma, was established to "operate for charitable, scientific and educational purposes for the benefit of State or Federally recognized Indian Tribes, Bands and Nations and the members thereof and to support scientific research to benefit Humanity and the Planet Earth."