Gonzaga History Display
* Manuscript copy of 1881 letter from the citizens of Spokane Falls asking Fr. Joseph Cataldo to build a college
* Original leather bound register with the names of the students who attended the first year
* 1903 Cadet Corp Officer Hat
* 1922 Band Hat
* Fr. Art Dussault’s (Mr. Gonzaga) Athletic Sweater from the 1920s
* WWII Distinguished Flying Cross from a GU alumnus in the V-5 Naval Program
* Freshmen beanie from 1954
* President Bernard Coughlin’s Presidential Medallion from 1974 inauguration
* Film of a 1935 football game against Washington State Cougars; Campus Days 1952, 1953, 1954, and 1955; and the dedication of the Crosby Library in 1957
Open from September 7, 2007 through January 29, 2008, the exhibition located in the Cowles Rare Book Library, third floor, Foley Center Library, is free to the public weekdays 9:00 a.m. – noon and 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
In addition to the display located in the Foley Center Library, there is an accompanying digital history of Gonzaga. For the online digital history please click here.