Since 1978, the Gonzaga University ESL Program has been successfully helping students from all over the world achieve their English language goals. More than 3000 students from over 70 nations have made up the ELC student population over the past 36 years. Our graduates can be found worldwide in such fields as business, engineering, teaching, health care, computer science, government, and more.We hope you consider joining our vibrant campus community
Why Gonzaga ESL?
- Outstanding reputation as one of the finest ESL programs in the United States
- Fully accredited by CEA
- Located in beautiful Spokane, Washington. A safe, friendly city in Eastern Washington
- Fun Activities Program
- Well-qualified and highly experienced ESL instructors
- Provisional admission to Gonzaga University. Completion of the Gonzaga ESL program with faculty recommendation satisfies the English language proficiency requirement for admission to Gonzaga and other higher education institutes.
- Gonzaga English Mentors GEM
- Intensive course study which includes: listening, conversation, speaking, writing, English composition, grammar, reading and much more….
- Friendly staff, students and faculty to help you with your new life in America!
- Students receive a complete introduction to U.S. life, including workshops in safety and cultural adjustment.
Intensive English Program Mission
Through ongoing research, reflection, and integration of new findings in applied linguistic theory and methodology, the ELC faculty and staff strive to provide an exemplary teaching and learning experience for all students in ELC language learning and language teaching programs and to serve as a resource to the larger Gonzaga community.
The mission of the Intensive English Program (IEP) at Gonzaga University is to
- teach general and academic English to multi-lingual and multi-cultural students;
- help students gain an understanding of the English language and American culture, while also honoring their own cultures, values, and traditions;
- provide opportunities for students to achieve their academic, personal, and professional goals;
- guide students toward actively contributing to their own learning process as well as to the intellectual and social life of Gonzaga, both in and out of the classroom;
- serve as the program for satisfying English language proficiency requirements of other departments at the University.
More Reasons to Choose Gonzaga....
Gonzaga ESL students receive a warm welcome to the US! That is why we do our best to help you transition into your new environment. We assist with things such as:
- Airport Pickup
- Moving into your dormitory
- Opening a bank account
- Obtaining a campus mailbox
- Getting your Gonzaga University ID card
- Giving you a tour of downtown
- Going shopping for food and clothes
- Navigating the bus system
- Recommending good restaurants and fun activities!
Connect with us on Facebook