DNP Admission Checklist
Online Doctor of Nursing Practice Application Packet Checklist:For more in-depth admissions information, please view the DNP Admissions Criteria tab.
- Complete the online application - click Apply Now button to the left of the screen (this online application form must be completed before submission of supporting documents)
- Pay application fee - click Pay Application Fee button to the left of the screen (waived for GU Alumni, current GU MSN students & for instances of financial hardship) Download and fill out the Waiver Request Form and email it to email@example.com
Step 3 (submit these items to the address below):
Updated curriculum vitae (CV)
A 1000 word scholarly essay that describes:
- The candidates reasons for pursuing a DNP at Gonzaga University and how the program will prepare the candidate to meet his/her professional goals
- Experiences and background that have prepared the candidate to be successful while pursuing a doctoral degree
- Clinical issue/problem to be addressed in a scholarly project:
- including an in-depth description of the identified clinical problem or issue
- How the problem was identified
- The population that is adversely affected
- What change the candidate proposes to implement
- How the candidate envisions that the practice problem/clinical issue will make a difference in the quality of our national healthcare system
- Why the candidate feels passionate about suggesting improvements about this particular clinical issue/practice problem
- Official transcript(s) posting MSN or MN degree from granting institution in a sealed envelope. Unless current MSN student who will complete coursework prior to the start of DNP classes - submit transcript thus far. *Final official transcript must be submitted at completion of MSN program.
- Copy of current RN license and or copy of current Advanced Practice license (if applicable).
- Copy of current advanced practice certification in the area of specialization (if applicable).
Verification of practicum hours completed in MSN program click here for the form
- Three positive letters of recommendation, including recommendation forms - click here for form
- Two must be from a colleague/supervisor who is able to evaluate current competency in nursing and the candidate's potential for nursing practice (clinical or leadership depending on area of practice) at the most advanced level
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to have one letter from a former college/university nursing professor who can attest to the candidate's potential for academic success in a doctoral program
- Recommendation letters must be sent directly to the Office of Admission by the recommender, and not the applicant.
If you would like to petition for transfer of credits from another doctoral program please fill out the Permission to Transfer Graduate Credits form through the Registrar's office and submit with accompanying syllabus or course description and official transcripts - students may transfer up to 6 credits from an accredited doctoral program.
These documents are to be submitted by the applicant in one complete hardcopy packet - sent directly to:
Office of Admission
502 E Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0102
Any questions regarding this process please call 1-866-380-5323.