Interns are required to write a final paper to complete the academic requirements for internship credit. Each paper should include the following three sections.
I. Professional Development
II. Contribution to Firm
III. Firm/Industry Analysis
Page Length Requirements:
For each final paper, the length of each section shown above is dependent upon the amount of credits earned by your internship.
- For a one credit internship, each section should be at least one full page, giving you a total of 3 pages (not including title page and five source bibliography)
- For a two credit internship, each section should be at least two full pages, giving you a total of 6 pages (not including title page and five source bibliography)
- Similarly, for a three credit internship, each section should be at least 3 full pages, giving you a total of 9 pages (not including title page and five source bibliography).
Please note: Papers that do not meet the full page requirement for each section will not recieve credit.
Technical Writing Requirements:
Papers should be double-spaced and have one-inch margins at the top, bottom, and both sides of each page. In addition to the page requirements listed above, papers should also include a title page and minimum five-source bibliography.
Title page should include:
- Student name
- Course Number
- Number of credits being earned
I.Professional Development: This section of your paper should address how the internship experience provided for your professional development. The format for this section of your report should include a(n):
1. Introduction: tell the reader the purpose of the report and the organization of the document;
2. Next, identify specific areas of professional development and provide examples supporting such development e.g., opportunities realized to apply knowledge gained from your coursework, and relevant technical, managerial and/or entrepreneurial experiences
II.Contribution to Firm: This section of the paper should address how your internship experience made a positive impact on the organiztion’s business processes and aided in satisfying the company’s goals. Please ensure that you:
1. Identify specific projects and overall accomplishments; and
2. Address your role in successfully executing projects, detail your specific contributions and highlight your accomplishments.
III.Firm/Industry Analysis: Lastly, this research section of the paper should address what you learned about the firm and its industry. This section of the paper requires using a minimum of five outside references. This section of the report should include your conclusions on how the firm fits within it’s larger industry.
1. Report on how the firm's business model assists it in competing to win orders in its industry;
2. Conclusion: summary of the paper should address what you learned about the firm and its industry ; and
3. Bibliography (should be a separate page and included as the last page of your report)
"Each term paper must include the STUDENT NAME, the COURSE NUMBER, and NUMBER OF CREDITS BEING EARNED on all pages of the document itself. Failure to do so may result in a late or incomplete grade."
- Please submit your report electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save your report as individual MS Word document and attach to an email. (Because all your course work is stored in an eFile we do NOT accept printed copies.)
- In the subject line of the email please include your "COURSE #, Session, YOUR NAME and INTERNSHIP REPORT" (e.g., MBUS 697, Fall 2008, John Doe, Internship Report).
PLEASE NOTE: Students should check Zagweb, before contacting the Business Internships Department, in order to see current course grades as well as requirements fulfilled. Please be aware that it may take up to two weeks for requirements to be received, graded, and processed.