Pre-requisite classes provide the necessary foundations for students to be successful in their graduate level coursework. Students who have recently completed a business degree will have the majority of their prerequisites fulfilled. Additionally, students with extensive work experience in prerequisite subjects may be able to get some courses waived. Prerequisites do NOT need to be completed in order to gain admission to the program.
Each student works with their advisor individually to assess their prerequisites and determine the most time and cost effective way to get them fulfilled. Gonzaga offers a series of combination courses and CLEP proficiency exams to expedite this process.
For an individual prerequisite evaluation, please contact Kristen Paul, Prospective Student Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Economic Analysis (covers Micro and Macro Economics)
- Accounting Analysis (covers Financial and Managerial Accounting)
- Principles of Finance (Students need to take 3-credit course)
- Statistics (1 credit business stats course offered)
- Business Law (Students may elect to CLEP this course)
- Management Information Systems (Students may elect to CLEP this course)
- Principles of Marketing (Students may elect to CLEP this course)
- Principles of Management (Students may elect to CLEP this course)
- Operations Management (Students may elect to CLEP this course)
Additional Pre-Requisite Courses for MAcc program:
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Cost Accounting
- Federal Taxation