Performance Venues

Our students and faculty perform in many different venues on campus and in the Spokane community.

St. Aloysius Catholic Church

Located on Astor, on the GU campus, just west of College Hall.  Visitor parking is available on Astor as well as a parking lot behind the St. Aloysius Parish Center.

St. Aloysius is the home of the Gonzaga University Jesuit community.  Dedicated in 1911, it has the largest seating capacity of the Catholic churches in Spokane and is an active parish in the Catholic Diocese of Spokane.  It's architecture has been described as adapted Romanesque and is known for its pipe organ with 37 ranks of keys.  The twin spires on the roof are a beacon for both the University community and the people of Spokane.

Click here for more information

John J. Hemmingson Center, 3rd Floor Ballroom

Located on the east end of the GU campus at the intersection of Cincinnati and DeSmet.  Visitor parking is available in the BARC parking garage located adjacent.

University Chapel

Located centrally on the GU campus on the 3rd floor of College Hall, the main administrative building, at 502 East Boone Avenue.  Elevator access is available. Visitor parking available in the main parking lot in front of College Hall.

Music Annex I

Located on the west end of the GU campus across from the Music Mansion. Visitor parking is available on the street and lots on Pearl and Lidgerwood streets as well as on Boone and DeSmet.

St. Gregory Choral Hall

Located on the west end of the GU campus across from the Kennedy Apartments. Visitor parking is available onthe street and lots on Pearl and Lidgerwood streets as well as on Boone and DeSmet.

Cataldo Hall Globe Room

Located centrally on the GU campus just west of the main parking lot in front of College Hall.  Visitor parking is available in the main parking lot in front of College Hall, 502 East Boone Avenue.

Jundt Art Museum

Located on the southwest end of the GU campus.  Visitor parking is available at the museum accessed off of DeSmet or Pearl streets.

The Jundt Art Museum provides space for traveling exhibits as well as the University's growing collection.  Visitors can enjoy the Red Chandelier, designed by world-renowned glass artist Dale Chihuly for the University.

Click here for more information

Martin Woldson Theater at the Fox

Located in downtown Spokane at 1001 West Sprague Avenue.  Paid parking is available on the street and in several parking lots.

The 1,700-seat art deco treasure is home to the Spokane Symphony and hosts numerous cultural and music events.  First opened in 1931, the theatre was renovated in 2007. Martin Woldson Theater at the Fox is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Click here for more information

St. John's Cathedral

Located on the South Hill of Spokane at 127 East 12th Avenue.  There is a mix of paid and free parking on the street and in the church lots.

The cathedral is one of the few examples in the United States of Gothic architecture.  Begun in 1925, St. John's is the fulfillment of the dream of Right Reverand Edward Makin Cross, third Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Spokane.  It is the centerpiece of the parish community as well as a center for public gatherings and cultural events.

Click here for more information