The goals of Lambda Pi Eta are to:
- recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies,
- stimulate interest in the field of communication
- promote and encourage professional development among communication majors,
- provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication,
- establish and maintain closer relationships and mutual understanding between Communication Studies faculty and students, and
- explore options for graduate education in communication studies.